Grantown Health Centre Equipment Fund is a charity run by a number of our patients who raise money to purchase equipment we may not otherwise be able to have.
The Equipment Fund Committee hold fundraising events throughout the year, and this has allowed the purchase of the following items during 2015-16
- 6 BP Monitors, including one for our Pharmacy Adviser, who runs Hypertension Clinics in the Practice.
- A Pharmacy fridge for our vaccinations.
- A Spirometer for the treatment of Asthma patients
- Dermoscopy equipment for use of the GP's trained in minor surgery. This allows the close examination and photography of skin moles & blemishes which may need to be removed.
- 2 new Ear Syringing machines.
The total cost of this equipment was in excess of £5000. All of it has a direct impact on improving diagnosis and treatment of patients and reduces the need to send patients to Raigmore. We are very grateful to the Equipment Fund for providing the funds to buy these items.
Donations to the Fund can be handed in at the reception desk.